bandwidth and volume limit

Internet-Wifi Operador internet-wifi at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:23:02 CEST 2007

Hi Mathieu, I'm not an expert but I had the same problem.
You need upgrade freeradius to new version too.
The sqlcounters in your version only reply SessionTimeout, whit new version
you can reply wathever you want.
You need download de source new version from
ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/freeradius-1.1.5.tar.gz
after is better if you make a package for Debian and install it.

With new version you can do something like this.

sqlcounter totaloctets {
        counter-name = Octets-Total-Limits
        check-name = Max-Total-Octets
        reply-name = ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets (or the attribute that your
NAS know for that)
        sqlmod-inst = sql
        key = User-Name
        reset = never
        query = "SELECT SUM(AcctOutputOctets+AcctInputOctets) FROM radacct
WHERE UserName='%{%k}'"
}
Remember when you compile your new freeradius include experimental counters.
I'm not sure in this versions that is necessary but work for me.

If you don´t know how make a .deb for your debian tell me I can explain
howto.

Fabián Omar Franzotti