How to proxy password from TTLS

Wolfgang Burger burgerw at immunbio.mpg.de
Fri Nov 2 14:20:25 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a working configuration of FreeRADIUS configured for EAP-TLS.

I´m trying to add support for EAP-TTLS and I want to proxy the username
and password of the inner TTLS session to another Radius-Server.

Client doing TTLS --> FreeRADIUS --> 3rd-Party Backend-Server with
database of Users

Forwarding of the packets is working.
The Access-Request that FreeRADIUS sends to the backend-server uses the
username entered at the client, but no password at all.
If i add
	User-Password := "validpassword"
to preproxy_users, where "validpassword" is the valid password for the
given username on the Backend-Server, everything works.

What do I have to change, to use the password transmitted in the
TTLS-Tunnel? Or do I have fundamental errors in my idea of how to do
this?

Any help is very welcome.

Greetings,

Wolfgang Burger <burgerw at immunbio.mpg.de>