Acct-Status-Type attribute

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Wed Oct 3 23:15:47 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 16:44:28 Walter Gould wrote:
> I am running freeradius-1.1.3.

* Old version complaints apply *

> I am trying to use radrelay to send the radius accounting data to our syslog
> server.
> [snip]
> When I check the contents of the /var/log/radius/radacct/detail-combined
> file, it contains the following attributes:
>
> Packet-Type = Access-Request
> Wed Oct  3 15:36:02 2007
>         NAS-IP-Address = 10.3.51.1
>         NAS-Port = 1
>         NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
>         User-Name = "testuser"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "10.3.0.51"
>         Client-IP-Address = 10.3.51.1

Access-Request is not from an accounting packet.  You have a detail module
listed in your authorize or post-auth section which is adding this data to
the detail-combined file.  You should have something similar to this in your
radiusd.conf file:

===
modules {
detail detail-radrelay {
  detailfile = ${radacctdir}/detail-combined
  detailperm = 0600
  locking = yes
accounting {
  detail-radrelay
===

If you have the detail-radrelay name listed in a config section other than
accounting, that is probably where the Access-Request packets are coming
from.

Kevin Bonner