FreeRADIUS 2.0.0-pre2 has been released

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 14 17:21:37 CEST 2007

Geoffroy Arnoud wrote:
> I have a question on virtual servers: can the same instance of a module
> (rlm_detail for example) be used in 2 different virtual servers?

  Yes.

> How are managed NO_THREAD_SAFE modules in this case (rlm_detail for example)?

  Just as in 1.x.  The virtual servers affect only configuration,
nothing else.

  In vague pseudocode, 1.x did:

    process request (config)

  In 2.x, it's:

    process request(config(server))

  99% of the code is the same.  The modules don't know about virtual
servers, and haven't changed.  Most of the server core hasn't changed.
The only thing that changed was the ability to have multiple
configurations, and to choose which one to use dynamically per-request.