MAC authenticating with mySQL database

Kjell Bruheim kjell at supportingit.com
Thu Aug 7 08:44:15 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok skrev:
> Kjell Bruheim wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to read up on MAC authentication and implementing
>> that into a sql database. The MAC authentication with a userfile was no
>> problem. But i
>> hit the wall when i wanted to use a database instead of text file. Is
>> there any good HOWTO's out there on this one?
>>

>   The schema in SQL mirrors the format of the "users" file.
>
>   Do you have a *specific* question about something?  i.e. what to put
> in SQL, how to put it in SQL, etc?
>
>   Or are you just saying "it doesn't work"?
>
>   Alan DeKok.

To clarify a bit.

users file have these entries for mac auth:
000000-000000 Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "000000-000000"

And i am not sure what to put where in the sql database.
How to put data into the sql database, is not the problem. But what.
I have inserted all the tables in the sql/mysql folder. So it would be
nice if someone knew where to put the data and what of that string above
should go in to the database. Or point me to a good HOWTO.

Cheers

--
Kjell Christian Bruheim
Helpdesk