xp sp3 and freeradius 2.0.5

Lech Karol Pawłaszek ike at szluug.org
Fri Aug 8 16:33:15 CEST 2008

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

>> I let the client to stay on VLAN1, not moving to other vlan, the same
>> behavior, the PC gets ACCESS-ACCEPT but then it tries again, until the
>> exclamation icon appears, no ping to the client at all.
>>
>> What can it be ?, what i'm doing wrong ? is the problem XP SP3 ?, or
>> is 3COM 5500G-EI ?
>>

> Didn't we have exactly the same problem on the list, like a week ago ?
> You have upgraded to the latest firmware for your 3COM switch right ?

Yup. It's me who had this problem. Actually my switches are from 4500
family and Oxiel's are 5500 however those families are kind of similar.

Oxiel: use the newest available firmware for your switches (the one from
12th of May) - namely 3.03.1.

Then disable handshake (dis)funcion.

<5500> system-view
[5500] undo dot1x handshake enable

And - because I've found another bug - you'll have to use port based
authentication method instead of the default mac based

[5500] dot1x port-method portbased

If you will have any further questions - feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]