Monitoring Tool for Freeradius

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Feb 1 13:53:22 CET 2008

Devinder Singh wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had use daloradius and you can monitor how many users are online etc
It's guessing from the number of 'open' sessions in your accounting
database (those without a stop time), if something goes wibble on the
NAS or infrastructure between the NAS and server, and a user disconnects
in that period (and maximum retries are hit, all hosts exhausted etc)
then the Accounting Stop packet will be discarded by the switch and that
session will never be recorded as closing.

Any good administration tool should include tools to query the standard
dot1x MIB and to periodically go round and check all 'open' sessions by
polling the NAS's and ammend the information in the database
appropriately. Isn't there even a tool / script included in the FR
distro that does this ?