mideye authentication

Norbert Wegener norbert.wegener at siemens.com
Fri Feb 29 16:22:23 CET 2008

One of our customers uses an authentication service from Mideye, which
is described this way:

The end-user requests access to a
protected application, and is prompted for
a user name and password. If the correct
credentials have been provided, a one-
time password (OTP) is presented on the
user's mobile phone. The user is requested
to enter the OTP, and if the correct OTP is
returned, access is granted.

http://www.mideye.com/index.php3?bredd=268.5

It should be simple to generate a one time password, throw it into a
database,send it via sms  and make it available for the next time, the
user requests access. The problem here seems to be, that after a first
successfull authentication another one with only a new password but the
already entered username has to be done.
Can this be realised with an actual freeradius? If so: Where can I find
documentation about it?

Norbert Wegener