EAP-TLS Machine Authentication problems

Michael Olson olson at irinim.net
Sat Jan 19 02:13:05 CET 2008

I tried upgrading to 2.0.0, very close to a stock default config and I'm
getting the same symptoms, user works, computer doesn't. Makes me even
more suspicious of my certificates. I updated the files listed below to
new logs generated from 2.0.0.

I saw the note to in certs/xpextensions to add 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.17.2 to
the PKCS#12 file attribute bag. I hacked up OpenSSL a bit to get that to
work and I posted the output from an openssl pkcs12 dump to
http://www.cs.odu.edu/~olson/eap/computer.p12.txt  , unfortunately that
didn't seem to help.

I'm pretty much dead on ideas at this point, besides Ivan Kaliks
suggestion that I look into the $ appended to the machine name. (Which
I'm pursuing next.)

Thanks

-- Mike Olson