Problem with MySQL + system auth

William azander at netonecom.net
Wed Jan 23 19:59:32 CET 2008

On Wednesday 23 January 2008 13:33:24 A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >   In working to get my new radius server working I have run into a snag.
> > I need to authenticate using a SQL database or system password file
> > depending on where the request comes from, however the user may exist in
> > both, with different passwords.  How do I tell it to use the MySQL
> > username/password pairs 'only' when it comes from a specific NAS?
>
> many many ways - you could use huntgroups and Autz-Type, you could
> use virtual servers and proxy the request - if NAS is this or that
> then use this server definition.

Can you give me some examples, or documentation I could use to get this going.
I tried Autz-Type but must have not understood it, or really messed ti up
some how.

> > Suggestions, pointers to documentation I may have missed, etc are gladly
> > welcomed.
>
> looks like you've told the server to do a Crypt-Password - and it
> doesnt match.  how ARE you storing the passwords in the SQL?
>
> alan

Passwords in the SQL database are currently Cleartext-Password, due to some
old NAS issues.  Hopefully this round of updates will allow us to switch it
to Crypt-Password, but as of this writing it isn't an option.

Wm