FreeRadius Log

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 23 09:57:23 CEST 2008

Danilo Molini wrote:
> I try to explain better what I want.
>
> My freeradius server is 10.0.0.1  and the router that
> use the radius service is 192.168.0.1  and I try to
> connecto to the router from my pc with ip address 172.16.0.1

  'connect"... how?  Administrator login on the router?  Please be specific.

  You have been careful to *not* describe what you are trying to do.
The less information you give, the harder it is for anyone to help you.

> The log report this information:
>
> Auth: Login OK: [test] (from client myhomenetwork-network port 194 cli
> 172.16.0.1 )
> Is it possibile to add the information of the router on which I have
> request access?

  Read the log message again.  It *is* printing out the client
information.  In this case, it's "myhomenetwork-network".

  If you want it to print out something else for the name of the client,
edit the "shortname" field of the "client" entry that defines the client
IP, shared secret, etc.