FR 2.0.4 on Solaris 10 Sparc

Stefan A. a.freeradius at premit.de
Tue Jun 10 11:19:19 CEST 2008

Gurus!

I still have problems, getting FR 2.0.4 up and running, for days.. Reading
hundreds of emails and listings....   I'm lost.

Alan, thanks for your reply.
I followed your hint and configured using this options:

./configure --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/sfw/lib \
		--with-openssl-includes=/usr/sfw/include/openssl \
		--with-mysql-dir=/opt/coolstack/mysql \
		--with-mysql-lib-dir=/opt/coolstack/mysql/lib/mysql/lib
|grep WARNING &

The OpenSSL Warnings are gone.
I also renamed the src/directories of
	counter, eap, eap2, ippool, krb5, ldap, opt, pam, perl, python
To not use them, because I'll only do accounting into MySQL.

Some Warnings are still there:
configure: WARNING: snmpget not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may
not work
configure: WARNING: snmpwalk not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl
may not work
configure: WARNING: pcap library not found, silently disabling the RADIUS
sniffer.
config.status: WARNING:  ./Make.inc.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting
config.status: WARNING:  ./src/include/build-radpaths-h.in seems to ignore
the --datarootdir setting
chmod: WARNING: can't access check-radiusd-config
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_iodbc requires: libiodbc isql.h.
configure: WARNING: MySQL libraries not found. Use
--with-mysql-lib-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_mysql requires: libmysqlclient_r.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_postgresql requires:  libpq-fe.h libpq.
configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
--with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_oracle requires: oci.h.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_unixodbc requires: libodbc sql.h.

(I will take a look for the MySQL warning later, but I'm sure, that the libs
are in the directory, given to ./configure)

'make' seems to work fine... Piped it into a file and did not find an error
or warning.

'make install' also runs, but shows a lot of warnings similar to this one
"libtool: install: warning: relinking `rlm_expiration.la'"

'radiusd -X' just tells:

		ld.so.1: radiusd: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory
		Killed

Coming to that point, it is real frustrating to read:
> My solaris 10 installs go pretty much like any other system.  I just
> make sure that the C compiler can find the include files, and that the
> linker can find the libraries.

What else did you do?

I've installed Solaris 10 and Coolstack (the Sun Apache/MySQL/PHP/Perl pack)
Then GCC from sunfreeware incl. Libiconv....
The FR 2.0.4 having the above trouble....

Any further ideas?

Thank you.
Stefan