proxy.conf in freeradius 2.1.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 1 13:44:23 CEST 2008

Olaf Gellert wrote:
> Using the same configuration file (which should still be supported), we
> get:
>
> Tue Sep 30 17:19:28 2008 : Error: PROXY: Marking home server
> 111.222.111.222 port 1813 as zombie (it looks like it is dead).

  Note: IP *and* port.

> For both servers (auth at 111.222.111.222:1812 and acc at port 1813)
> it reports "Marking _home_ server", so does it not differentiate
> between both? Or is this just an oversimplification?

  It doesn't matter.  The server is identified by IP && port, which is
what's being printed out.

> Could someone spread some light how a new configuration (using
> home_server and home_server_pool etc) should look like? In our setting
> we use the radius for authentication of local users and we use two
> proxies for users of other organisations (= two DEFAULT realms in
> proxy.conf).

  If you're using two DEFAULT realms, then it's likely in a failover or
load-balance scenario.  The proxy.conf file has examples of this.

  Do you have specific questions about the examples?