proxy.conf in freeradius 2.1.1

Olaf Gellert olaf.gellert at rrz.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Oct 1 17:32:32 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:

>> For both servers (auth at 111.222.111.222:1812 and acc at port 1813)
>> it reports "Marking _home_ server", so does it not differentiate
>> between both? Or is this just an oversimplification?
>
>   It doesn't matter.  The server is identified by IP && port, which is
> what's being printed out.

This was just to make sure. Thanks.

>   If you're using two DEFAULT realms, then it's likely in a failover or
> load-balance scenario.  The proxy.conf file has examples of this.
>
>   Do you have specific questions about the examples?

Well, I guess the term "home_server" and the fact, that
in the example the IP address is 127.0.0.1 made me think
of something local, not a remote server to which
requests are proxied.

I will try a few things, if I have more specific questions
I'll get back to the list.

Regards, Olaf

--
Olaf Gellert