Install error

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 20:23:40 CEST 2008

Olavo Dietrich wrote:
> All right,
>
> Yes, I have tried the rpm and got failed dependencies. Then I tried to
> install the dependencies and got another failed dependencies. So , I was in
> a loop, and decided to go with the source.
>
> It looks like it won't be as simple as I thought.
>
> rpm -ivh freeradius-2.1.1-2.fc10.x86_64.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libcrypto.so.7()(64bit) is needed by freeradius-2.1.1-2.fc10.x86_64
>         libssl.so.7()(64bit) is needed by freeradius-2.1.1-2.fc10.x86_64
>
> Thank you for your help. I'll try the rpms again.

The problem is you're not using an rpm installer, but trying to install
an rpm directly. yum is the rpm installer for fedora and RHEL.

% yum --enable-repo fedora-development install freeradius

Just be careful, this is "rawhide" the latest bits, to solve
dependencies yum might pull in a lot of stuff.

You can also do a local build and avoid the issues with pulling in
dependencies from rawhide.

If rpmbuild is not installed, then install it.

% yum install rpm-build

Get the latest srpm from
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=298

Click on the latest build, download the srpm and install the srpm via
'rpm -ihv <path to downloaded srpm)

% rpmbuild -ba freeradius.spec

rpmbuild might complain about missing dependencies, for each missing
dependency do a yum install for the missing dependency. This will pull
in dependencies for your current OS version, probably what you want
(instead of rawhide).

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>