sql.conf failover readclients=yes

leopold vladimir.belinkis at gs.com
Tue Apr 21 20:49:26 CEST 2009

Alan,
Could you please add this as a feature request for the next release and
solve it properly?

The major issue is that if we ignore error of NAS table loading at startup
time then it will never recover and load NAS when DB becomes availlable
again in runtime.
But al least in this case if it succeeds to read NAS info from the redundant
database then it will cache it and continue loading other modules.
As far as I understand to add/modify NAS information in runtime we still
need to recycle radiusd process as even HUP does not help.

What do you think if we comment out this code until the real solution comes?
rlm_sql.c

if (inst->config->do_clients){
		if (generate_sql_clients(inst) == -1){
			radlog(L_ERR, "Failed to load clients from SQL.");
#if 0
/* ignore DB connect failure */
			rlm_sql_detach(inst);
			return -1;