Stale Session and Simultaneous-Use Question

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:50:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am simulating the problem on what if the AP goes down (due to
various reasons). I observed that user is not properly disconnected
and result is stale session. When the AP is up and when the previous
user tries to log in he/she gets login failed message because
"Simultaneous-Use" is in effect while previous session is still
ticking.

I am trying to find how to detect this problem automatically. Did some
google and found this

http://bisagunsara.blogspot.com/2007/03/stale-wifi-sessions-and-simultaneous.html

Before getting my hands dirty, I want to know if this is the correct
way to solve this problem in freeradius2 since the article is quite
old. Or I am just missing something that needs to tweak few configs
and is supported out of the box in freeradius2.

It is suggested in the article that it will not work together with
Simultaneous-Use enabled.

I want to know how others have solved this problem.

Need some suggestions

Thanks