FreeRADIUS without Universal Password

Jason C Brown jasonbrown at ferris.edu
Thu Feb 5 17:44:37 CET 2009

I had to ask, I have people telling me that this is a limitation of
only FreeRADIUS and not all RADIUS servers in general.  There is a
concern that the UP is being stored in clear text in Novell and we
need to turn off that service and only use simple password.  Since I
am no Novell admin I really do not have a clue if we can encrypt the
UP that is stored on the server or what other implications there are
in turning off UP.

Jason Brown - RHCT, Security+, Linux+, Network+
Systems Administrator
Enterprise Technology Services
Ferris State University
(231) 591-2687