FreeRadius with radiusclient-ng and Cisco h323 VoIP attributes

Dean Elwood dean.elwood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 10:28:23 CET 2009

Hi Luciano,

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes, it was a client-side error (now fixed, see below).

I removed the empty lines between VENDOR and the first attributes and
that didn't make any difference.

The Cisco attributes were added by me creating a dictionary.cisco file
which I then included in the main dictionary with the $INCLUDE
directive.

As for testing, I was just using the radiusclient-ng at command line
and manually trying to enter an AUTH packet with the Cisco attributes.

But it's now working fine. If anyone else stumbles upon this thread
after having problems with using a RADIUS based SIPPY B2BUA with
FreeRadius, the fix is:-

1. After installing the radiusclient-ng client application, edit the
radiusclient-ng.conf file and tell it to use the SIPPY dictionary
(which is probably in /usr/src/sippy/). Don't use the radiusclient-ng
library (that's why mine wasn't working at first).

2. Edit the SIPPY dictionary file and add the following entries, or
alternatively put these in to a new file and include them in the main
dictionary with the $INCLUDE directive:-

VENDOR		Cisco			9
ATTRIBUTE	Cisco-AVPair		1	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-remote-address	23	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-conf-id		24	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-setup-time		25	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-call-origin	26	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-call-type		27	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-connect-time	28	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-disconnect-time	29	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-disconnect-cause	30	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-voice-quality	31	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-ivr-out		32	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-credit-time	102	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-return-code	103	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-redirect-number	106	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-preferred-lang	107	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-billing-model	109	string	Cisco
ATTRIBUTE	h323-currency		110	string	Cisco

Dean