help with freeradius + winxp

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 15:20:53 CET 2009

Hi,

> I was running script during install here are WARNINGs:
> root at radius:/home/radius# grep WARNING ../logs/configure
> configure: WARNING: snmpget not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl
> may not work
> configure: WARNING: snmpwalk not found - Simultaneous-Use and
> checkrad.pl may not work

<snip> if you dont want SNMP bits, dont use PERL, dont
use database systems to hold data etc then dont worry about these
warnings - they are pretty much self-evident.

then you run it and....

> make: openssl: Command not found
> make: *** [dh] Error 127
> Exec-Program output: openssl dhparam -out dh 1024
> Exec-Program-Wait: plaintext: openssl dhparam -out dh 1024
> Exec-Program: returned: 2
> rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls
> /home/radius/etc/raddb/eap.conf[17]: Instantiation failed for module
> "eap"
> /home/radius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[223]: Failed to find
> module "eap".
> /home/radius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[176]: Errors parsing
> authenticate section.

ah. you have build-essentials package and thus 'make' command - but
that is running a script which calls 'openssl' itself - which you dont
appear to have installed - you have libssl-dev and libssl - which
are the support functions, you need the actual tool.

apt-get install openssl

> Do I need to manually build openssl? What about eap module? I've noticed
> few required messages;
> root at radius:/home/radius# grep requires ../logs/configure
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires:  libgdbm.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_dbm requires:  (ndbm.h or gdbm/ndbm.h
> or gdbm-ndbm.h) (libndbm or libgdbm or libgdbm_compat).
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_ikev2 requires:  libeap-ikev2
> EAPIKEv2/connector.h.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tnc requires:  -lTNCS.

this is a special type of EAP. if you want to use TNC or IKEv2
(very few people do) then you need to install the relevant libraries...
usually from the developers CVS/GIT repository as these things arent
usually in a distro repository!

alan