How to load the freeswitch dictionary

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 27 10:17:16 CET 2009

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos wrote:
> I asked this question to the freeswitch mailing list and they responded
> with :
>
> "Don't do that.  The dictionary is for use with the radiusclient
> library.  FreeRADIUS already includes a dictionary for FreeSWITCH VSAs (
> you may need to uncomment it to have it loaded into FreeRADIUS )."

  Hmmm.. FreeRADIUS doesn't include it.  I've just added it, though.

> I was surprised to find out that I needed two different dictionaries.
> One for the server
> and one for the client. I thought it was the same.

  No.  Dictionaries map numbers to names for printing, and names to
numbers for encoding in packets.  The names are completely arbitrary,
and have *no* meaning other than for the local implementation.

> Anyway, I tried looking for it in the freeradius distribution (even the
> svn) and could
> not find any reference to Freeswitch at all.
>
> So, how do I load the freeswitch dictionary in freeradius? And how do I
> obtain it (if not from the freeswitch tarball itself)?

  I've added it to the server.  It should be in the next release.