Version... version...

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jun 7 10:58:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

> There are already working spec files and pre-built RPM's for Fedora,
> RHEL, and CentOS that are actively maintained. See:
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

personally, I handroll mine from the source because then i choose
what goes in and what doesnt (and often require all the debugging
features on etc).  however, I have used these RPMs supplied
for CentOS and Fedora in certain 3rd party occasions and they
work exactly as advertised (bringing back that nostalgia of
installing 1.0.x onto a redhat box the first time around :-) )

I'd _prefer_ to run from yum/apt/yast but recently a lot of programs
have required me to be running bleeding edge to get the features
needed now.. this does sometimes happen with technology drives
and i know that eventually i can just use the OS supplied
version again when they've caught up :-)

alan