Version... version...

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 16:53:50 CEST 2009

John Dennis wrote:

> Much of this information is covered here:
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

> I currently do not maintain a yum
> repo for those packages which currently makes this a manual install
> process, however I could probably set up a yum repo so any upgrades to
> those packages became automatic once you install the specially prepared
> yum repo config file. Setting up a yum repo for the RHEL and CentOS 2.x
> RPMS is not my highest priority task, but I can see how it would be an
> advantage for folks so I'll try and get it done in the next week (but no
> promises).

I have set up a yum repo for these packages, see either:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ#Current_Pre-built_RPM.27s_for_RHEL_5_and_CentOS_5

or the README found here:
http://people.redhat.com/jdennis/freeradius-rhel-centos

If you set up your RHEL 5 or CentOS 5 system with the yum configuration
then any updates to the download area will be automatically applied.
Please note, this yum repository is *ONLY* for RHEL and CentOS version 5
because the 2.x version of freeradius is not currently in those releases
(see the above README or FAQ entry for further clarification). Fedora
users need to use the normal update stream without modification since
freeradius 2.x updates are already present in the Fedora update stream.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/