Access provide to TWO Servers dependant on Group?

Neville nev at itsnev.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 23:56:21 CEST 2009

Let me explain my setup.

I have TWO Servers, with one running PoPtop+Radius plugin / freeradius 2.1.6 / SQL DaloRadius Setup

Connection is INTERNET>PPP>FREERADIUS>LAN

User X connects to Server A and authenticates against freedradius running on Server A and is provided with Access use mschap v2 authentication and this works fine..

What I would like to do is setup Server B to authenticate against freeradius on Server A, but ONLY allow access to Server B if the connecting user belongs to a specific Group. If group is the correct approach?

I'm looking at setting up TWO Groups.

Default Group to allow access to Server A only, but if you belong to GROUPX, you will be allowed access to both Server A and Server B.

How do I setup this access in SQL against a user and what Check / Reply attributes, if any do I need to use?

Many Thanks for your Support

Nev