IP Pools How ?

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Wed Jun 24 02:55:09 CEST 2009

Hi Dogus:

In addition to the radiusd.conf and users file config that I assume you've
already figured out, you have to define the pool names in raddb/default if
you're going to use any pool name other than "main_pool".  ie:

         #  Return an address to the IP Pool when we see a stop record.
#       main_pool
         custom_pool

Here I commented out "main_pool" and defined two new ones, which I
configured in radiusd.conf:

        ippool custom_pool {
                 range-start = 192.168.99.101
                 range-stop = 192.168.99.253
                 netmask = 255.255.255.0
                 cache-size = 251
                 session-db = ${db_dir}/db.custom_ippool
                 ip-index = ${db_dir}/db.custom_ipindex
                 override = yes
         }

Then in users:

DEFAULT         Group == vpn_users, Pool-Name :="custom_pool"
                 Framed-Protocol == PPP,
                 Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

Where "vpn_users" is a unix group on the radius server.  Make sure to
remove the db.* files any time you make changes to the pool addresses.
You can define as many pools as you want like this.  It's not all readily
apparent in any docs I found (at least not the first part), but there are
examples for the pools in radiusd.conf and users file.

HTH,

up at 3.am							    http://3.am