Rejections

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 4 17:43:56 CET 2009

Jack D. Martin Jr. wrote:
> I wasn't questioning your skills - trust me.  I have read many of your
> to me.  I am just looking for a solution.  Basically what I have is a
> billing solution that automatically suspends customers by scrambling their
> passwords.  When that happens - I don't want the customers to be rejected,
> but to be assigned to a different group.  Is that a better way of asking?
> What I am looking for is to not reject people with bad passwords, but to
> assign them a particular IP pool.

  What kind of authentication methods are you using?  If it's PAP, then
the answer is easy:

authenticate {

	Auth-Type PAP {
		if (User-Password == "%{control:Cleartext-Password}") {
			update control {
				Pool-Name := "pool-for-good-users"
		else {
			update control {
				Pool-Name := "pool-for-bad-users"

		ok # mark them as authenticated

  And configure the two pools, including putting them in the post-auth
section.