Relaying of accounting requests between Freeradius servers

Patric patricrt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:29:09 CET 2009

Hi again :)

tnt at kalik.net wrote:
> Configure server 2 *not* to proxy requests coming from server 1 back to
> it. And server 1 not to proxy requests coming from server 2 back to it.
> There is no reason to send them back.
>
> if (NAS-IP-Address != server1) {
>      update control {
>            Proxy-To-Realm := server1
>      }
> }

Ok I think I understand this, please advise if I am on the right track
or not.

Instead of a "realm DEFAULT" in my proxy.conf to proxy all requests, I
instead setup something else like "realm PROXYME", and then in my
pre-proxy section I setup the following

if (Client-IP-Address != other_freeradius_server_ip) {
     update control {
           Proxy-To-Realm := PROXYME

Many thanks
Patric