Problems starting radius daemon

Sanz Malagón, Jorge jsanzma at indra.es
Thu Mar 26 17:14:11 CET 2009

Hi every body,

My name is Jorge Sanz, from Spain, and this is my first mail in this list.

I'm working with a Freeradius installed over OpenSUSE 11.0. It was working properly until I tryed to add a new client in /etc/raddb/clients.conf

I add the new client like this

client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx{

       secret          = xxx

       shortname       = xxx

       nastype         = cisco

}

Alter that, I restart the service like this  /etc/init.d/freeradius restart and I get this error since then

Starting RADIUS daemon radiusd: pthread_mutex_lock.c:115: __pthread_mutex_lock: Assertion `mutex->__data.__owner == 0' failed.

                                                                      failed

I have checked there is no other freeradius process in memory. I have comment the new lines, and try to put it up again with the same error.

Does anybody know something about this? I have been surfing in google and appears similar errors with other applications (pidgin, galeon...) but nothing with freeradius.

Thanks in advance

Jorge Sanz Malagón
Unidad de Redes
Departamento de ingenieria

Pº Club Deportivo, 1 Edificio 4, Planta Baja
28223 - Pozuelo de Alarcon (Madrid)
España

M +34 685102456
jsanzma at indra.es