current RHEL/CentOS pre-built packages (Was: freeRADIUS)

Just E. Mail justemail at imwell-usa.com
Thu May 21 18:13:36 CEST 2009

John Dennis wrote:
> Just E. Mail wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install freeRADIUS on a CentOS 5.3 machine with
>> PostgreSQL-8.3.7. My plan is to first install freeRADIUS and test it
>> then setup PostgreSQL as the backend to store data.
>>
>> Is there any freeRADIUS RPMS V#2.1.4 or newer for CentOS?
>>

> No, the version in RHEL and CentOS is 1.1.3. The following link explains
> why and also explains how to acquire and build a current FreeRADIUS RPM
> for RHEL/CentOS (but read the rest of this email, pre-built versions are
> coming).
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

I read response from  John Dennis and looked at the web site URL he
provided. I am ready to install FR and I have one more question!

In my setup, I plan to (1) Install FR and test it and if everything
works, then (2) setup PostgreSQL backend at a SQL server and test it
again. I noticed that at the URL listed by John Dennis, there are two files;

freradius-2.2.1.6-1.el5.i386.rpm
freradius-postgresql-2.2.1.6-1.el5.i386.rpm

I am pretty new to FR so please advice; do I need to install both of
these RPMs or just the second for my setup to work?