how to call an external script

aangles aav_1984 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:04:48 CEST 2009

Hello,

I want freeradius calls an external script and send to it the User-Name it
gets from the NAS in an access-request radius packet.

So I am using the echo module, I configure as:

 #
        #  The name of the program to execute, and it's
        #  arguments.  Dynamic translation is done on this
        #  field, so things like the following example will
        #  work.
        #
        #program = "/bin/echo %{User-Name}"
        program = "/etc/raddb/xxxx.pl %{User-Name}"
        #
        #  The attributes which are placed into the
        #  environment variables for the program.

And I add this module into the authorize section after the pap module.
But it does not call the script.

Another thing, if I call the script like the following, then the script is
executed and takes myusername as an argument. With freeradius it should to
automatically the same?
# ./xxxx.pl %myusername

Thanks a lot