Self Signed Certs Fail - pem/der

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 00:07:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

> For some unknown reason my self certs failed to work in either client.
> After trying this twice and have both attempts fail I regenerated the
> original CA’s for “example” using ./bootstrap, the old CA.cnf file  - they
> both worked for my clients (Linux/WinXP)

you need to ensure all the old stuff is gone..

cd $place/raddb/certs
make clean
make destroycerts

edit ca.cnf, server.cnf and client.cnf to ensure that
everything matches and expects the same organisation etc
then you can re-run the bootstrap and it'll be fine
(or should be!)

PS this is for a modern version - eg 2.1.6

alan