Munin Plugins

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 23 11:28:22 CEST 2009

Neville wrote:
> This is not directly FreeRadius related, but I would really appreciate
> if anyone share any munin plugins that would monitoring number of users
> connected during the day or anything else worth monitoring.

$ grep -i munin scripts/*

scripts/freeradius_acct:# munin-config:
scripts/freeradius_auth:# munin-config:
scripts/freeradius_proxy_acct:# munin-config:
scripts/freeradius_proxy_auth:# munin-config:

  These track packets, not the total number of logged in users.

> I'm currently using MYSQL to store the current open connections and get
> retrieve the current connections by doing...
>
> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM radacct  WHERE (radacct.AcctStopTime IS NULL OR
> radacct.AcctStopTime = '0000-00-00 00:00:00');

  That's what you need to do for logged in users.  FreeRADIUS isn't a
database, and doesn't track that information itself.