No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Apr 16 15:17:51 CEST 2010

On 04/16/2010 01:24 AM, Ahmed Munir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for replying. I already enabled sql in sites-enabled/default in
> accounting and authorize section and even in sessions section as well,
> which is optional, but unfortunately radius is unable to connect
> with MySQL. Even I can access the MySQL using radius credentials.

Sorry, but you haven't enabled sql or mysql, it's not in the debug
output you posted. It would say so if it was. You would see lines like
this in your debug output:

  Module: Linked to module rlm_sql
  Module: Instantiating sql

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and linked

I see no such in your debug output.

> Kindly advise me what other method radius connection with MySQL.

There is no other way, you have to enable it *and* it has to be available.

Are you sure you're editing the right files? I noticed from your debug
ouput that your config files are located under /usr/local/etc/raddb.
That only happens when you build the server yourself. If you've got a
pre-built version the config files are usually under /etc/raddb. If you
have both a locally built version and a pre-built version installed you
have to be *very* careful as to which one you're working with. If you
built the server yourself did you have all the necessary SQL development
libraries and headers installed? Does your build log show you actually
compiled rlm_sql and rlm_mysql?

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?