IEEE 802.1x EAP-TLS Client Problems

"Dirk Müller" dirk.mueller23 at gmx.de
Fri Apr 16 09:30:36 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am not able to authenticate a Client running openSUSE 11.2 against my Radius Server.

Doing the same with an Ubuntu 9.10 live CD works.

successfull authentication radius output:

http://paste.debian.net/69138/

Here the radius output when I try to connect via opensuse with KNetworkmanager:

http://paste.debian.net/69139/

the KNetworkmanager log says:

http://paste.debian.net/69140/

Looks like the server gets not all messages from the client.

I tried the same with wpa supplicant:

http://paste.debian.net/69142/

and xsupplicant:

http://paste.debian.net/69143/

No communication with the RADIUS server happened. I mean I got nothing on the Server side.

I don't know what I should do next, I need it working with openSUSE 11.2, switching to ubuntu is no option.
The log output does not say much (anything) to me. I hope someone can help me with this.

Dirk