Different users file per virtual server

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 7 01:41:12 CEST 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 4:14 PM, Cory Johnson wrote:

> Is there a way to have seperate "users" files per virtual server? The location of the users file appears to be specified in modules/files. I can only seem to load modules from the global radiusd.conf, so each server uses the same users file. My goal is to use a different users file based on the IP of the client.

You can configure multiple instances of the users file then call the different instances from the different virtual servers.

Just list the instance name after the module name

e.g.

files virtual_server_0 {
	# The default key attribute to use for matches.  The content
	# of this attribute is used to match the "name" of the
	# entry.
	#key = "%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}"

	usersfile = ${confdir}/users
	acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
	preproxy_usersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users

	#  If you want to use the old Cistron 'users' file
	#  with FreeRADIUS, you should change the next line
	#  to 'compat = cistron'.  You can the copy your 'users'
	#  file from Cistron.
	compat = no

}

-Arran