Interesting issue with mapping accounts

Natr Brazell natrbrazell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 21:40:21 CEST 2010

On my juniper gear I have 3 tiered profiles (tier1,2 and 3) each with
varying permissions (tier3=SuperUser and tier1=readonly).  Using LDAP I map
specific users to these profiles so when bob.smith logs in I pass the the
VSA Juniper-Local-User-Name = tier3 from the radius server and bob.smith
logs in.  Accounting data is logged as bob.smith too.

Here's the wierd part.  If bob goes home in the evening and doesn't log out
of a router, the accounting log shows bob.smith (STOP) after a certain
amount of time however the accounting log show 'tier3' still logged in.

Any ideas?