Problems with freeradius accounting proxy

Phil Pierotti phil.pierotti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:39:32 CET 2010

 Since you've deleted 99% of the debug log, I can't tell.  Since you

> don't know what to look for in the logs, you can't tell, either.

Yes, I have no idea what to look for. If I did, I'd have been looking for
it, rather than asking the list.

Not withstanding your replies, I *still* am no closer to knowing *what* to
look for. (which is odd, because that was my original question)

So , ignoring the previous discussion, I'll ask specific questions.
(anyone please fee free to chip in)

Exactly how does freeradius identify a downstream radius as 'dead' ?

Clearly that's not as trivial as "no replies are received" because there
clearly are replies being received; tcpdump shows replies coming back (ie
the network stack sees acct-reply packets coming back from the downstream
server), the log shows replies coming back (so freeradius sees them too).

Is a server declared 'dead' because one single request did not get a reply?

More than one?

More than two?

Should I keep counting?

Is there any  way to find out how many 'missed' replies a downstream server
has?

Is there any way to tell freeradius to log in the debug messages *when* it
has given up and decided "ok, we've obviously missed that request". (because
there's no messages showing that with -X -xx)

Thanks,
Phil P