MYSQL and FR2

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 17:56:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

> rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host x.x.x.120 port 51637, id=50, length=95
>         Acct-Status-Type = Interim-Update
>         Acct-Session-Id = "C2594B9A71DB"
>         Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>         User-Name = "joe.bobuser"
>         NAS-Identifier = "M20"
>         Juniper-Interactive-Command = "run start shell "
>         NAS-IP-Address = x.x.x.120
> +- entering group preacct {...}
> ++[preprocess] returns ok
> [acct_unique] WARNING: Attribute NAS-Port was not found in request, unique ID MAY be inconsistent

your NAS is doing all sorts of things wrong really. its supposed to supply  a NAS-Port and that value
is supposed to change for each session.  oh well.  edit your  modules/acct_unique to put something else
into the hashing function

> [radutmp]       expand: /var/log/radius/radutmp -> /var/log/radius/radutmp
> [radutmp]       expand: %{User-Name} -> joe.bobuser
>   rlm_radutmp: No NAS-Port seen.  Cannot do anything.
>   rlm_radumtp: WARNING: checkrad will probably not work!

are you using radutmp? if not, comment it out.

> As can be seen above the rad_recv: section is sending back a few items that I am interested in having logged.  For instance the Juniper-Interactive-Command.
>
> Thanks if you can help or point me in the right direction.

simply add those attributes (if present!) into the SQL  that create the accounting
INSERT/UPDATE commands - sql/mysql/dialup.conf - and ensure the table is ready for them! :-)

alan