FR 2.1.9 Frequent SegFault, didn't happen with FR 2.1.8

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 11 10:43:20 CEST 2010

Josip Rodin wrote:
> The Change of Authorization code hasn't really found its place, it looks
> a bit like a hack.

  It's a hack.

> Maybe it's the WITH_COA defines that make it look so.
> But more generally, after reading through the proxy code, I see it as a
> something of an unadjusted citizen :) yet CoA builds upon it and just ends
> up creating a bigger mess.

  Yup.

> The server started as a simple server that just responded to outside clients,
> whereas these two functions really want it to behave more like a client.
> I know that's a big readjustment :)

  The solution for 2.2.0 is some major re-work of packet handling.
Right now, all of the packets get processed by common code.  This should
be moved to per-type handling, with function callbacks.  It increases
the size of the REQUEST data structure (again).

  But it means that the "core" can just call a per-type handler.  That
handler can be set or reset, depending on what's going on.  That's some
of what I was trying to do in the git "master" branch, but that approach
ended up being a dead end.