Threads & Perl

Boian Jordanov bjordanov at orbitel.bg
Sun Mar 7 21:50:20 CET 2010

On Mar 5, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Alexandr Kovalenko wrote:

> 1. Should I compile perl with threads to enable multiple instances?

Those are two different things. To have multiple instances you should have -DMULTIPLICITY and for the threads -DUSE_ITHREADS
You can check if you have this flags with perl -V

> 2. With non-threaded perl, separate perl instances created?

if you compile perl *without* threads but with MULTIPLICITY then you will have multiple instances of perl in freeradius but no *parallel processing*

The best is to have both MULTIPLICITY and USE_ITHREADS

Best Regards,
Boian Jordanov
R&D Expert
Orbitel - Next Generation Telecom