Accounting Start From Client

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Wed Mar 17 07:43:50 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Teguh Kurniawan
<teguhkurniawanwijaya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was succed sending "Accounting Start" from NTRadping to FR 2.1.3.
> My question is Mikrotik RouterOS and UBNT Nanostation could send
> "Accounting Start" automatically to FR ?

You should ask Mikrotik.

Some NAS (like dd-wrt, and probably all wireless access point with
IEEE802.1x authentication) only use radius for authentication. They
don't use radius for accounting, thus they never send accounting
packets. Other NAS (like chillispot, which can run on top of dd-wrt to
provide captive portal) use radius for accounting as well.

--
Fajar