Netscreen 208 and Freeradius

Ramzi Abdallah rabdallah at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:34:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to configure netscreen 208 firewall to authenticate and
account for users traffic when they login via the captive portal. I
have installed freeradius 2.1.9 on Fedora core 13.

in the /etc/raddusers I added the bellow entry for rsa

rsa     Cleartext-Password := "nopass"
        Service-Type = Framed-User

in the /etc/raddb/clients.conf I added

client 193.188.129.33  {
 nastype     = other
 secret      = 12345
 shortname   = vdk-u-nsaaa

when user rsa logs in to the captive portal the authentication is
successful however user rsa still can not access the internet

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 193.188.129.33 port 49715,
id=1, length=49
        User-Name = "rsa"
        User-Password = "nopass"
        NAS-IP-Address = 193.188.129.33
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "rsa", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
[eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
[files] users: Matched entry rsa at line 70
++[files] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns updated
Found Auth-Type = PAP
+- entering group PAP {...}
[pap] login attempt with password "nopass"
[pap] Using clear text password "nopass"
[pap] User authenticated successfully
++[pap] returns ok
+- entering group post-auth {...}
++[exec] returns noop
Sending Access-Accept of id 1 to 193.188.129.33 port 49715
        Service-Type = Framed-User
Finished request 1.
Going to the next request
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 1 ID 1 with timestamp +135
Ready to process requests.

thank you for your help

Regards,

Ramzi