sql.conf vs. modules/sql

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Oct 26 14:53:14 CEST 2010

  Hi,

when setting up a brand-new server, I fell over one caveat (and did so
more than once, actually): almost all modules are placed in modules/*
and get get auto-loaded when they are needed by the actual configuration.

Except eap.conf and sql.conf - these need explicit $INCLUDEs in
radiusd.conf.

I wonder why - couldn't sql.conf just become modules/sql? It's commented
out anyway, so wouldn't get loaded with the default config. But it would
enable auto-loading when uncommenting "sql" - making thinking of
radiusd.conf obsolete.

What do you think?

(Same goes for eap.conf)

Greetings,