Help me with Access-Challenge configuration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 12 07:39:02 CEST 2011

GreenUA wrote:
> In my configuration RADIUS checks login and password, so it returns
> "Access-accept" or "Access-reject".

  That's what a RADIUS server does.

  Specific authentication methods allow for Access-Challenges.  If
you're not using one of those methods, you won't get Access-Challenges.

  You're trying to solve one problem, but not saying what it is.  You've
somehow convinced yourself that Access-Challenges are the solution to
that problem. So you're asking questions about that instead.

  What, exactly, is the problem, and why do you think Access-Challenges
are the solution?