FreeRadius not working!!

Amrita Mandpe amritamandpe at ymail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:09:21 CEST 2011

Hi Alan,

I tried to implement FreeRadius Server for authentication against wireless laptop users, using TLS authentication(Self Signed Certificate) and it worked perfectly fine.

But, when i tried to implement the same on a virtual machine,its giving me the error-

 Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_md5
 Module: Instantiating eap-md5
 Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_leap
 Module: Instantiating eap-leap
 Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_gtc
 Module: Instantiating eap-gtc
   gtc {
        challenge = "Password: "
        auth_type = "PAP"
   }
Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
Ignoring EAP-Type/ttls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
Ignoring EAP-Type/peap because we do not have OpenSSL support.
 Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_mschapv2

Im using the latest version i.e. 2.1.10 of freeradius.Please let me know what is the exact issue?? Is it because i'm running the server on Virtual machine instead of Physical server??

Also, i have installed the openssl development headers ( openssl 0.9.8 version).

Regards,

Amrita