annoying stop retransmissions.

Alexandre Chapellon a.chapellon at horoa.net
Thu Dec 1 13:49:38 CET 2011

Le 29/11/2011 14:02, Phil Mayers a écrit :
> On 29/11/11 12:04, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>
>> It may be suitable to workaround some db limitation. If the db can't
>> do INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE, you might get away with INSERT
>> on the main query and UPDATE on _alt. However we use mysql (which
>> support the syntax just fine) and don't want the extra query which
>> adds load to the db server (the _alt part), so I just remove them
>
> We don't use the built-in "sql" module accounting queries; but the
> _alt queries are important for exactly this reason, particularly with
> e.g. postgres. I think using module failover for this would be
> cumbersome; you'd have to have quite a few SQL instances AFAICT to
> replicate this behaviour.
I agree, I originally found a oracle page talking about 'insert on
duplicate key update' sattement and so supposed oracle supported this...
Unfortunatelly I didn't noticed that this oracle page was about... mysql
(now oracle property)!
So Oracle is like postgres and needs the alt_ queries. A similar
behaviour seems to be achieved using the MERGE statement... need to take
a look at it.

regards.

> Or used stored procedures (which is what we do) but that's a lot of
> overhead.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

<http://www.horoa.net>

Alexandre Chapellon

Ingénierie des systèmes open sources et réseaux.
Follow me on twitter: @alxgomz <http://www.twitter.com/alxgomz>