Linksys WIFI Authentication using freeradius?

Michel Bulgado michel at casa.co.cu
Wed Dec 7 14:37:11 CET 2011

On Wednesday 07 December 2011 01:26:08 Fajar A. Nugraha
wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:15 PM,  <michel at casa.co.cu> wrote:
> > google search and it turns out all the variations I have
encountered are
> > implementing freeradius with PEAP TLS and mysql which
should generate
> > certificates and then configure the client and in turn install
these
> > certificates to the exchange between the server and client.
> >
> > I was wondering, there is some other simpler way that does
not imply that
> > this set up or install certificates on the client side?
>
> PEAP-TTLS, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, PEAP-GTC, etc.
>
> On these setup there's only one certificate: the server.
Depending on
> your OS/supplicant, the client can be set up to ignore the
certificate
> validation, or to have a pop up asking whether they trust the
server
> certicate.
>
> Note that the CLIENT choose which authentication method to
use. Setup
> on NAS (i.e. access point) side is the same.
>
> > Well, I have several clients with different operating systems:
Windows,
> > Linux, Apple.
> >
> > Something as simple as putting the username and password.
>
> Once you get pass certificate trust issue, it's a matter of putting
> username and password.

Hi Fajar

Thanks for reply me.

If PEAP-TTLS, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, PEAP-GTC works with one
certificate on the side of the server, of the three methods  what
you recomend me to use in the server?

Did you have a manual, doc, i can use to setting up the
authentication with freeradius with PEAP-TTLS or PEAP-MSCHAPv2
or  PEAP-GTC and mysql?

Michel