FR 2.1.10 + dialup_admin Could not connect to SQL database

Jim Rice jmrice6640 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 04:31:21 CET 2011

Yes, I know.  I was merely illustrating that I was able to configure freeradius to use sql.
I am trying to add dialup_admin into the mix...

As I mentioned, dialup_admin Could not connect to SQL database when trying to access any of the menu choices.

I figured it out.  I wasn't even able to connect using mysql from the command line for the user dialup_admin.  It turned out to be a GRANT USAGE issue with dialup_admin at localhost.  (It did not have the IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD ...).

Working now.  (But I need to turn off the debug stuff.)

Jim