Compiling from source

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri May 13 20:39:56 CEST 2011

On 05/13/2011 02:03 PM, Tim McNabb wrote:
> Has anyone been successful in installing FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 from src on
> CentOS or RHEL? I’d prefer not to use the package manager for
> installation as I’m attempting to install a custom module and the
> directory tree from the repo install doesn’t match the source module
> setup. I know this is normal for using Yum, just wondering if anyone has
> been successful installing from src on CentOS and what worked and what
> didn’t. Chkconfig doesn’t seem to working on a src install either and I
> want radiusd to run as a service.

It obviously works or there wouldn't be a RPM package to install :-)

Look at the freeradius.spec file in the freeradius.src.rpm (i.e. SRPM),
it will show exactly how the build and install is performed as well as
containing the initscript.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?