Compiling from source

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri May 13 23:45:58 CEST 2011

hi,

>    Has anyone been successful in installing FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 from src on
>    CentOS or RHEL? I’d prefer not to use the package manager for installation
>    as I’m attempting to install a custom module and the directory tree from
>    the repo install doesn’t match the source module setup. I know this is
>    normal for using Yum, just wondering if anyone has been successful
>    installing from src on CentOS and what worked and what didn’t. Chkconfig
>    doesn’t seem to working on a src install either and I want radiusd to run
>    as a service.

compile from source - not in the ./configure stage any WARNING lines (eg pass
the output through "| grep WARNING") to ensure that you have any required
libraries for some of the functions. as for the startup script, the source
code contains a few contributed scripts - eg in the redhat directory.  you can
copy the required radiusd script to the /etc/init.d/ directory (you may need
to tweak/edit it for the PATH etc where your version from source has ended
up).. theres the logrotate script too - for /etc/logrotate.d

alan